1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup milk
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Flav-R-Pac Super Sweet White Corn
A pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of sugar for sprinkling.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat butter until it is creamy. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the flour and beat until well mixed.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the cornmeal, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and egg into the butter mixture.
- Gently fold in the corn.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with white sugar and cinnamon to your preference.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack in the pan for 15 minutes. Cut and serve.