NORPAC Foods, Inc., a farmer-owned cooperative founded in 1924, processes frozen vegetables and fruit, along with canning vegetables. Headquartered in Salem, Oregon, NORPAC is Oregon’s largest fruit and vegetable processor and has 3 processing facilities in the Willamette Valley, along with a subsidiary Hermiston Foods, LLC in Hermiston, Oregon and a subsidiary Quincy Foods, LLC in Quincy, Washington. NORPAC and its subsidiaries employ 1,200 full-time employees year round and 2,000 seasonal employees during the processing season.
Our Current Openings
Field Representative - Hermiston, OR
ABOUT NORPAC FOODS: NORPAC, a farmer-owned cooperative founded in 1924, grows, harvests, processes, and distributes high quality, healthy, frozen vegetables (non-GMO), fruits and soups. Our farms are located on over 35,000 acres in the Pacific Northwest. Most farms are within 50 miles of our various plant facilities, allowing our crops to go from field to freezer in less than four hours.
Headquartered in Salem, Oregon, NORPAC is Oregon’s largest fruit and vegetable processor, with 3 facilities in the Willamette Valley, along with two subsidiaries, Quincy Foods, LLC in Quincy, Washington, and Hermiston Foods, LLC in Hermiston, Oregon. We employ 1,200 full-time employees and 2,000 seasonal employees during the processing season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Area Field Manager in scheduling and controlling all aspects of producing the raw product necessary for Quincy Foods and NORPAC Foods to operate.
- Assist the Area Field Manager with growers on their contracts, planting dates, chemical treatment, harvest dates, deliveries, etc.
- Assign responsibilities to hourly field harvest supervisors.
- Instruct subordinates about safe and efficient work habits and monitor their performance to ensure that safety and other Company policies have been communicated and are being practiced.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and reports.
- Vegetables grown: Peas, Sugar Snap Peas, Corn, Organic Sugar Snaps and Carrots.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education – Prefer a BS in any one of the following disciplines: Agronomy or Agriculture, or related field. In lieu of a college degree, applicants with several years of experience in the field will also be considered.
- Experience in agricultural field work preferred, i.e.: harvesting, irrigation, chemical application, sales, communication, seed production, and development.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to lead and supervise harvest mechanic crews.
- General knowledge of food processing helpful.
- Perform duties and assume the responsibilities for the above listed job duties/responsibilities.
- Chemical Applicators Consultant License, Oregon & Washington
- Valid driver license required (Commercial Driver License recommended. Can obtain during employment)
- All new employee hiring is contingent upon passing a drug screen.
- HOURS AND LOCATION: Harvest/processing season: Full-time, 7 days per week, long hours. Off-season: Full-time, generally Monday – Thursday. Position based in Hermiston, Oregon.
- TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to Cyd Bothum, HR Manager, at email@example.com, or fax to her attention at 541-567-5104. Starting date is flexible. Applications will be held for any future openings of this position for 6 months.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Hermiston Foods, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, E-Verify employer. Employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law.
- DATE POSTED: 03/22/2019