NORPAC Foods, Inc., a farmer-owned cooperative founded in 1924, processes frozen vegetables and fruit, along with canning vegetables. Headquartered in Salem, Oregon, NORPAC is Oregon’s largest fruit and vegetable processor and has 3 processing facilities in the Willamette Valley, along with a subsidiary Hermiston Foods, LLC in Hermiston, Oregon and a subsidiary Quincy Foods, LLC in Quincy, Washington. NORPAC and its subsidiaries employ 1,200 full-time employees year round and 2,000 seasonal employees during the processing season.
Our Current Openings
Quality Assurance Technician (Multiple Positions)
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Technician (15 positions)
LOCATION: Salem, Oregon
FULL-TIME, YEAR-ROUND POSITION
SALARY: $11.46 /hour (plus 10¢ per hour swing shift differential)
UNION MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED
- Read, complete, and interpret quality reports and take instruction.
- Ensure product and packaging meets company and buyer specifications.
- Observe, test, evaluate, and grade product being processed in compliance with Quality Assurance procedures.
- Inform supervisor and line operator of any deficiencies.
- Inspect product case and package to ensure accuracy of code, weight, and seam.
- Obtain and display produce samples for management review, and dispose of upon completion.
- Maintain detailed accurate records in accordance with Quality Assurance procedures.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work area.
- Other comparable duties may be assigned.
- No experience necessary, employer willing to train qualified candidate.
- Prefer knowledge of quality assurance inspection.
- Minimum eighteen (18) years of age.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
HOURS: Full-time. Swing Shift: Monday – Friday; 3:00pm – 11:30pm. Some weekends as required. (Training is done on Day or Swing Shift.)
TO APPLY: Please call our office to schedule an appointment to complete the application process.
503-399-8298. Walk-ins welcome!
Our physical address is: 3305 25th St., SE, Salem, Or 97302.
We are located on the Westside of the Salem airport. Off 25th St., turn into the driveway with the ‘NORPAC’ mailbox, 3225 25th St. Turning into that driveway, Repack Plant 8 is directly ahead (a right turn, however, would take you to our brick corporate building)
Visitor parking spots are located below the NORPAC Repack Plant 8 building sign.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: NORPAC Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action, E-Verify employer. Employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law.
DATE OPENED: August 31, 2018
Shift Supervisor - Brooks, OR
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve and maintain an optimum flow of production through the facility while minimizing downtime.
- Achieve and maintain production quality standards.
- Coordinate facility objectives and activities with other department supervisors to ensure overall an orderly and efficient operation.
- Assign responsibilities to department and line supervisors.
- Assign and supervise adjustments and repairs to the equipment.
- Instruct subordinates about safe and efficient work habits; monitor their performance to ensure that safety and other Company policies have been communicated to the personnel of the department and are being practiced.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and reports.
- Perform other tasks that are necessary to accomplish department objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with food processing equipment helpful.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Thorough knowledge of all food processing equipment used in the facility helpful.
- Ability to understand how to operate and maintain food processing equipment is highly desired.
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to supervise and direct multiple employees in a fast-paced processing environment.
- All new employee hiring is contingent upon passing a drug screen.
HOURS: Fulltime. Overtime as required including weekends. Rotating shifts.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Ingrid Caudel, HR Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, Monday, December 10, 2018. Applications will be held for any future openings of this position for six months.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: NORPAC Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, E-Verify employer. Employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law.
DATE POSTED: December 3, 2018