2 12oz. packages Flav-R-Pac Frozen Chopped Spinach
1 8oz. package cream cheese
½ cup sour cream
10 oz. pre-cooked small or salad shrimp, thawed if frozen
1 tablespoon oil or butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
French bread for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Thaw spinach as desired and, using a tea towel or cheese cloth, squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Add butter or oil to medium sized skilled and sauté onion and minced garlic until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and sauté for a few additional minutes until the shrimp is warmed through.
- Season with salt and reduce heat to lowest setting.
- Add your spinach and cheeses (including cream cheese) and mix well.
- Re-season to taste if desired.
- Top with extra cheese if desired then add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until dip is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with an assortment of French bread, vegetables, or chips!