Ingredient Purchasing Manager- Salem, OR
BASIC RESPONSIBILITY: Manage ingredient purchasing for all processing and packaging operations. Develop, plan and formulate policies, long and short range objectives, and operations goals. Establish a vendor/supplier base which signifies the quality of our raw materials in cost, delivery, customer service and quality assurance attributes within NORPAC’s business goals. All purchases must be within the provisions of USDA, FDA and other state and local regulatory agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support/lead a team of individuals to insure quality, low cost and timely deliveries of purchased ingredients.
• Supervise/support the management of NORPAC’s Purchased Product For Resale program (PPFR).
• Negotiate price and specifications for raw materials.
• Conduct negotiations with vendors concerning disposal and/or adjustments of material not meeting our specifications.
• Source suppliers and evaluate their potential performance based on quality, prices, terms and delivery.
• Ensure timely procurement of raw materials to support production schedule.
• Be a source of information/intelligence in order to communicate to upper management regarding agricultural supply and financial conditions, market situations/pricing and competitive activity.
• Delegate/coordinate procurement releases and deliveries to support production schedule.
• Ensure production requirements; anticipate supply/demand developments.
• Coordinate with outside storage warehouses on inventory levels and problems associated with deliveries and rejected material holds.
• Review contracts quarterly/annually. Make necessary adjustments to ensure cost effectiveness and contact supplier to inform them of necessary increases or decreases of contracted raw material.
• Development of input for Annual Strategic Plans.
• Locate secondary sources for raw materials.
• Through contacts with suppliers, trade publications and manufacturers, keep abreast of new developments in procurement procedures and practices, and sources of supply.
• Ensure availability of raw materials in the event of existing supplier failure or increased production demands.
• Where established standards have been met, implement program to support just in time system.
• Monitor and provide direction to increase program where applicable to insure lower costs/higher productivity.
• Locate/identify suppliers with opportunity for packaging and/or freight savings.
• Support efforts of the Transportation department to initiate methods that result in lower freight costs.
• Work with plant Quality Assurance to ensure quality of incoming raw materials and handle rejections.
• Interface with accounts payable to ensure invoice accuracy, approve payment and make legitimate adjustments and deductions.
• All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Food Technology, or equivalent experience.
• Relevant commodity knowledge helpful.
• Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills for dealing with extensive vendor network.
• Experience in Quality Assurance/Production process of frozen food products.
• High level of communication skills; both verbal and written.
• Experience in managing and directing subordinates.
• Ability to deal with many varied demands and tight deadlines. Must be a self-starter.
• Good computer skills to include: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with ERP systems helpful.
• Ability to travel 10-20% domestically and 5% internationally.
• Valid U.S. Passport.
• All new employee hiring is contingent upon passing a drug screen.
HOURS: Full-time. Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Overtime and weekends as required.
TO APPLY: Resumes must be returned to Ingrid Caudel, HR Generalist, by 5:00 pm, July 19, 2017. email@example.com Applications will be held for any future openings of this position for 6 months.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: NORPAC Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, E-Verify employer. Employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law.
DATE POSTED: 7/12/2017
< Back to Employment Opportunities